Nitin Immigration


Exclusive Tools & Information:

Are you searching for official information about Canadian immigration? For your easy reference, we are providing you with direct exclusive tools and information links to guide you on Canadian immigration.

System (CRS) Calculator

Language Test

Designated Organisations - Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)

Express Entry
Rounds of

Find an IRCC
Package or

Determine Your Application

Yourself From

For New

Frequently Asked Questions

In Canada, the only immigration consultants who can give you Canadian immigration advice in exchange for a fee or benefit are licensed immigration consultants (people licensed by the College). Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs) are authorized representatives to advise and represent you in immigration matters. These professionals have been trained on Canadian immigration policy and keep up to date with any changes.

If you need immigration advice, licensed immigration consultants have the specialized expertise to help you. They meet competency standards established by the College of Immigration & Citizenship Consultants (CICC) and follow a Code of Professional Conduct (the Code).

Completing an Express Entry profile is the first step to immigrate to Canada permanently as a federal skilled worker. You will need to complete an Express Entry profile and meet the minimum criteria to be accepted into the pool.

If you are interested in the Federal Skilled Worker stream, you will need to meet, at minimum, the pass mark of 67 points out of 100 on the Federal Skilled Worker grid.

If you are accepted into the Express Entry pool, you are not guaranteed to receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence. An Invitation to Apply for permanent residence will be based on your score and rank in the Express Entry pool using the Comprehensive Ranking System.

The Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) is paid by permanent resident applicants when their applications are approved. Permanent residence status is not granted until the RPRF is paid. The RPRF can be paid at the same time as your application fees to help reduce delays during processing. If you don’t pay the RPRF up front, IRCC will contact you with instructions on how to pay.

If you paid the RPRF up front and your application is not approved, it will be refunded.

You need to have a medical exam if you’re planning to:

  • visit for more than 6 months
  • work in healthcare or with children or
  • apply for permanent residence
  • It’s important for the public health of Canadians and helps prevent the spread of diseases.

If you’re visiting for less than 6 months, you don’t need one.

Most people have to give biometrics when they apply for a visitor visa, a study or work permit or permanent residence. If you apply for a visitor visa, study permit or work permit, you’ll only need to give your biometrics once every 10 years. IRCC will keep your biometrics on file for the next application you make within a 10-year period. Canadian visa officers use biometrics to confirm your identity.

You should apply for a study permit before coming to Canada. Make sure you have a letter of acceptance from a designated learning institution in Canada before you apply. You should apply online for a study permit, whether you’re outside of Canada or already in Canada. If you can’t apply online because of a disability or because there’s a problem with the online application, you can apply on paper.

You may be eligible to work in Canada while studying if your study permit includes a condition that says you can work on or off-campus. You must also meet all the other requirements. You can only start working in Canada when you start your study program. You can’t work before your studies begin.

Yes, the super visa is a multi-entry visa. It allows multiple entries for up to 10 years. A super visa allows multiple entry periods lasting up to 5 years.

A Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is a document that an employer in Canada may need to get before hiring a foreign worker. A positive LMIA will show that there is a need for a foreign worker to fill the job. It will also show that no Canadian worker or permanent resident is available to do the job. A positive LMIA is sometimes called a confirmation letter.

If the employer needs an LMIA, they must apply for one. Once an employer gets the LMIA, the worker can apply for a work permit. To apply for a work permit, a worker needs:

  • a job offer letter
  • a contract
  • a copy of the LMIA, and
  • the LMIA number