STUDY VISA APPLICATION
Hosting nearly half a million international students, Canada is a popular destination for international students due to its lower tuition fees, high-quality universities, and good graduate opportunities. The Canadian education system draws students from all over the world and is maintained to a high standard by each province and territory. International students contribute to Canada’s prosperity and have a more significant impact on Canada’s economy. IRCC facilitates students who wish to study at a designated Canadian educational institution.
Students approved to study in Canada are issued a study permit. A study permit is usually valid for the length of your study program, plus an extra 90 days. The 90 days let you prepare to leave Canada or apply to extend your stay.
INTAKES IN CANADIAN UNIVERSITIES
The fall, winter, and summer are the three academic intakes at the institutions in Canada:
- Fall Intake – Lasts from September to December
- Winter Intake – Lasts from January to April
- Summer Intake – Lasts from May to August
You must meet eligibility requirements to get a study visa. You can study in Canada if you:
- are enrolled at a designated learning institution (DLI) in Canada
- prove you have enough money to pay for your tuition fees
- living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada and
- return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada
- obey the law, have no criminal record, and get a police certificate (if required)
- are in good health and get a medical exam (if required)
- prove to an immigration officer that you will leave Canada on the expiry of your study permit
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WHILE STUDYING IN CANADA
While studying in Canada, you must:
- make progress towards completing your program
- respect any conditions listed on your study permit and
- stop studying if you no longer meet the requirements
If you are looking for professional services from a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant, book a consultation call today, and let’s get started!
Nitin Immigration Consulting Inc. is an authorized and licensed Immigration Consulting agency based in Canada that offers end-to-end support and services for Canadian Immigration. We help and provide Canadian Immigration services to our clients and act as authorized third parties with respect to the Government of Canada.