Nitin Immigration



The Federal Skilled Worker (Express Entry) Program is for skilled workers who want to become permanent residents based on being qualified in a skilled trade.


This program has minimum requirements for:
  • skilled trade work experience in selected major groups of the NOC
  • a valid job offer or certificate of qualification
  • language ability

You must meet all the minimum requirements to be eligible.If you meet all the minimum requirements, IRCC will use selection factor points to help assess your eligibility and assign an overall score out of 100. If you score 67 points or higher, you may qualify for the Federal Skilled Worker Program.


Skilled Work Experience:

  • You must have at least two years of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work experience) in a skilled trade within the five years before you apply
  • You must have a valid job offer of full-time employment for a total period of at least one year OR certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a Canadian provincial, territorial or federal authority
  • Skilled trades for the Federal Skilled Trades Program are organized under these groups of the National Occupational Classification (NOC):
  • Major Group 72, industrial, electrical, and construction trades
  • Major Group 73, maintenance and equipment operation trades
  • Major Group 82, supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture, and related production
  • Major Group 92, processing, manufacturing and utility supervisors and central control operators
  • Minor Group 632, chefs and cooks
  • Minor Group 633, butchers and bakers

Language Ability:

  • You must take approved language tests in English or French for Writing, Reading, Listening, and Speaking.
  • A minimum score of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 for speaking and listening and Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 for reading and writing
  • Language tests are valid for two years after the test result date. They must be valid on the day you apply for permanent residence.


There is no education requirement for the Federal Skilled Trades Program. But, if you want to improve your rank in the Express Entry pool for immigration purposes, there are two ways:
  • If you studied in Canada, you must have a certificate, diploma, or degree from a Canadian secondary institution (high school) or post-secondary institution.
  • If you have foreign education, you must have an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for immigration purposes from a designated organization showing that your education is equal to a completed certificate, diploma, or degree from a Canadian secondary institution (high school) or post-secondary institution.
If you are looking for professional services from a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant, book a consultation call today, and let’s get started!

Nitin Immigration Consulting Inc. is an authorized and licensed Immigration Consulting agency based in Canada that offers end-to-end support and services for Canadian Immigration. We help and provide Canadian Immigration services to our clients and act as authorized third parties with respect to the Government of Canada.