PROVINCIAL NOMINEE PROGRAMS
If you want to immigrate to Canada through the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), a Canadian province or territory has to nominate you. Each province and territory has its own “streams” (immigration programs that target specific groups) and requirements. The province or territory will assess if you will meet their economic or labor market needs and those of Canada.
HOW THIS PROGRAM WORKS
This program is for those who:
- have the skills, education, and work experience to contribute to the economy of a specific province or territory
- want to live in that province
- want to become permanent residents of Canada
How you will apply depends on which Provincial Nominee Program stream you’re applying to. You might need to apply using the paper-based process or by the online process through Express Entry
In the paper-based process:
- You apply to the province or territory for nomination under a non-Express Entry stream.
- You need to meet the eligibility requirements of the province that nominates you.
- Once you have been nominated, you submit a paper application for permanent residence to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada.
- You have to pass a medical exam and get a police check (certificate). Everyone must have these checks, no matter where you plan to live in Canada.
- Application processing times are longer than through Express Entry.
Express Entry Process:
In the online Express Entry process, there are two ways to apply:
- You contact the province or territory and apply for a nomination under an Express Entry stream.
- If the province or territory agrees to nominate you, create an Express Entry profile (or update your profile if you already have one) and show you have been nominated.
- You create an Express Entry profile and show the provinces and territories you’re interested in.
- If a province or territory sends you a “notification of interest” to your account, you contact them directly.
- You apply to their Express Entry stream:
- If you’re nominated, the province will offer it through your account, and you accept it electronically.
LIST OF PROVINCE OR TERRITORY
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Northwest Territories
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
Note: The province of Quebec chooses its own immigrants. If you want to live there, contact the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion du Québec.
If you are looking for professional services from a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant, book a consultation call today, and let’s get started!
Nitin Immigration Consulting Inc. is an authorized and licensed Immigration Consulting agency based in Canada that offers end-to-end support and services for Canadian Immigration. We help and provide Canadian Immigration services to our clients and act as authorized third parties with respect to the Government of Canada.