Nitin Immigration



The Canadian Experience Class is for skilled workers who have Canadian work experience and want to become permanent residents.


This program has minimum requirements for:
  • skilled work experience in Canada
  • language ability
You must meet all the minimum requirements to be eligible.


Skilled Work Experience:

You must have at least one year of skilled work experience in Canada in the last three years before you apply—you can meet this in a few different ways:
  • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full-time (1,560 hours)
  • equal amount in part-time work: for example, 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1-year full time (1,560 hours)
  • You can work as many part-time jobs as you need to meet this requirement.
  • full-time work at more than one job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than one job = 1-year full time (1,560 hours)
  • have gained your work experience by working in Canada while under temporary resident status with authorization to work
You’re not eligible for the Canadian Experience Class if:
  • you’re a refugee claimant in Canada
  • you’re working without authorization
  • your work experience was gained without temporary resident status in Canada

Language Ability:

  • You must take approved language tests in English or French for Writing, Reading, Listening, and Speaking.
  • A minimum score of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 for NOC 0 or A jobs OR Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5 for NOC B jobs
  • Language tests are valid for two years after the test result date. They must be valid on the day you apply for permanent residence.


There is no education requirement for the Canadian Experience Class. But, if you want to improve your rank in the Express Entry pool for immigration purposes, there are two ways:
  • If you studied in Canada, you must have a certificate, diploma, or degree from a Canadian secondary institution (high school) or post-secondary institution.
  • If you have foreign education, you must have an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for immigration purposes from a designated organization showing that your education is equal to a completed certificate, diploma, or degree from a Canadian secondary institution (high school) or post-secondary institution.
If you are looking for professional services from a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant, book a consultation call today, and let’s get started!

Nitin Immigration Consulting Inc. is an authorized and licensed Immigration Consulting agency based in Canada that offers end-to-end support and services for Canadian Immigration. We help and provide Canadian Immigration services to our clients and act as authorized third parties with respect to the Government of Canada.