Nitin Immigration



The Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP) allows students who have graduated from eligible Canadian designated learning institutions (DLIs) to obtain an open work permit to gain valuable Canadian work experience. Skilled Canadian work experience in National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill type 0 or skill level A or B gained through the PGWPP helps graduates qualify for permanent residence in Canada through the Canadian experience class within Express Entry.
A post-graduation work permit (PGWP) allows you to remain in Canada and work full time after completing a certificate, diploma, or degree at least eight months in length.


A post-graduation work permit may be issued based on the length of the study program for a minimum of 8 months up to a maximum of 3 years. The length of this permit will depend on the length of the study program completed in Canada.
  • If the program was less than eight months – You aren’t eligible for a PGWP
  • If the program was at least eight months, but less than two years – Valid for up to the same length as your study program
  • If the program was two years or more – Valid for three years
  • If you completed more than one program – You may be able to get a PGWP that combines the length of each program


You must meet eligibility requirements to apply for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP). You can apply for PGWP if
  • your study permit has been valid within the last 180 days
  • you have a valid visitor record
  • you submitted an application to extend your study permit before it expired, and no decision has been made on your application
  • you submitted an application to change your status to the visitor before your study permit expired, and no decision has been made on your application
  • you have completed a study program at a designated learning institution that was at least eight months long and that led to a degree, diploma, or certificate
  • maintained full-time status as a student in Canada during each semester of your study program
You have up to 180 days to apply for a PGWP after getting your degree or diploma, transcripts, or official letter from the institution.
If you are looking for professional services from a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant, book a consultation call today, and let’s get started!

Nitin Immigration Consulting Inc. is an authorized and licensed Immigration Consulting agency based in Canada that offers end-to-end support and services for Canadian Immigration. We help and provide Canadian Immigration services to our clients and act as authorized third parties with respect to the Government of Canada.