Nitin Immigration



Most people need a work permit to work in Canada. There are two types of work permits: open work permits and employer-specific work permits.
  • Open Work Permit – An open work permit allows you to work for any employer in Canada
  • Employer-specific Work Permit – An employer-specific work permit allows you to work according to the conditions on your work permit


There are two ways you can be eligible for the two-week processing of your work permit application. It depends on needing a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).
If you don’t need an LMIA (LMIA-exempt):
You will be eligible for two-week processing if you meet all of these requirements:
  • you are applying from outside Canada
  • your job is either skill type 0 (managerial) or skill level A (professional) in the National Occupational Classification system
  • your employer has submitted an offer of employment using the Employer Portal and paid the employer compliance fee
You will qualify for two-week processing if you meet all of these requirements:
If you need an LMIA (LMIA-required):
  • you are applying from outside Canada
  • you have a positive LMIA through the Global Talent Stream of the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (this will be on the LMIA decision letter)


You need to meet specific requirements depending on when you apply for your work permit You must:

  • prove to an officer that you You will leave Canada when your work permit expires
  • show that you have enough money to take care of yourself and your family members during your stay in Canada and to return home
  • obey the law and have no record of criminal activity (we may ask you to give us a police clearance certificate)
  • not be a danger to Canada’s security
  • be in good health and have a medical exam, if needed
  • not plan to work for an employer listed with the status “ineligible” on the list of employers who failed to comply with the conditions
  • not plan to work for an employer who regularly offers striptease, erotic dance, escort services, or erotic massages; and
  • give the officer any other documents they ask for to prove you can enter the country
Your spouse or common-law partner and dependent children may be able to work, study or live with you while you work in Canada.
If you are looking for professional services from a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant, book a consultation call today, and let’s get started!

Nitin Immigration Consulting Inc. is an authorized and licensed Immigration Consulting agency based in Canada that offers end-to-end support and services for Canadian Immigration. We help and provide Canadian Immigration services to our clients and act as authorized third parties with respect to the Government of Canada.