SPOUSE OPEN WORK PERMIT APPLICATION
Spouse or common-law partner can work in Canada. However, they will usually need a work permit to work in Canada. They must apply for their work permit. An open work permit is a work permit that is not job-specific. It allows the spouse or common-law partner to accept any job with any employer. If your spouse or partner gets an open work permit, it usually is valid for the same period as your study permits. A spouse or common-law partner will need a medical exam in some cases.
HOW LONG IS THE OPEN WORK PERMIT VALID?
Your spouse or common-law partner’s work permit will be valid for the same period as your study permit.
You may be eligible for an open work permit if you:
- are an international student who graduated from a designated learning institution and are eligible for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program
- are a student who’s no longer able to meet the costs of your studies (destitute student)
- have an employer-specific work permit and are being abused or at risk of being abused about your job in Canada
- applied for permanent residence in Canada
- are a dependent family member of someone who applied for permanent residence
- are the spouse or common-law partner of a skilled worker or international student
- are the spouse or common-law partner of an applicant of the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
- are a refugee, refugee claimant, protected person, or their family member
- are under an unenforceable removal order
- are a temporary resident permit holder
- are a young worker participating in special programs
If you are looking for professional services from a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant, book a consultation call today, and let’s get started!
Nitin Immigration Consulting Inc. is an authorized and licensed Immigration Consulting agency based in Canada that offers end-to-end support and services for Canadian Immigration. We help and provide Canadian Immigration services to our clients and act as authorized third parties with respect to the Government of Canada.